What is the Men of Color Success Initiative?
The Men of Color Success Initiative is designed to address challenges of first generation college students, traditionally underrepresented groups, and students in need of academic and personal direction.
What is the Mission of Men of Color Success Initiative?
The Success Initiative's mission is to foster successful students by increasing retention and completion rates among men of color and increasing the campus' awareness of issues with diversity and equity.
Who is Eligible:
- Are you one of the first people in your family to attend college?
- Do you have questions about how to navigate through college?
- Any MCC student is encouraged to join our program regardless of gender, race and ethnicity
- Helps you to establish relationships with faculty/staff and community members
- Development of leadership skills
- Creates a plan for achieving your academic goals
- Experience success and recognition
- Provides you with opportunities to attend conferences
- Informs you about campus and community resources
- Access to established network of educational and professional contacts
- Increases self-confidence in handling life's challenges
Ronald Hochstatter (254) 299-8944 email@example.com
Frank Graves (254) 299-8126 firstname.lastname@example.org